Our client is an international retailorganization in the Dutch Caribbean.
• Manage the Finance Staff activities in daily, weekly and month-end close and reporting activities
• Ensure employees are given the opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge appropriate to their responsibilities
• Co-ordination and execution of all financial related activities in the business
• Liaise with external auditors, banks, tax authorities, local and international vendors
• Help establish, implement and monitor financial controls
• Assist in the proper financial management of the company
• Ensure all prime reconciliation and schedules supporting the accounting records are prepared on a timely basis
• Ensure that stock counts and fixed assets reviews are done according to company guidelines
• Take responsibility for the accuracy and security of all cash handling procedures and effectively administer the necessary controls
• Ensure proper internal controls in place to monitor the completeness, accuracy and timely processing of all financial transactions
• Execute and manage all Payroll related aspects
• Manage audit preparation activities and ensure timely compliance to audit deadlines
• Bachelor Degree in Finance and Accounting;
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Thorough knowledge of financial accounting practices, techniques and principles.
• Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
• Proficient in English and Dutch.
• Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel level is required.
• Working knowledge of Oracle would be an asset.
• Willingness and ability to occasional travel to regional locations within the organization.
• No 9 to 5 mentality, willingness to occasionally work in weekends and on holidays in order to make reporting deadlines.