Our client is a growing and dynamic company based in Curacao.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Controller is part-responsible for the monthly financial closing, responsible for coordinating/conducting the initial review of all subsidiaries with a primary focus on the operating expenses of the subsidiaries with a primary focus on the operating expenses of the subsidiaries.
The main focus will be reviewing the P&L and balance sheet for accuracy, completeness and timeliness as part of the monthly review of all subsidiaries. This includes coordinating the overall review of independent subsidiary administrations.
-Review the monthly journal entries for operating expenses in QuickBooks as part of subsidiary review
-Ensure adherence to the Monthly Close process
-Manage/Review the correct execution of the invoicing/AP process
-Manage/Review the correct execution of the intercompany service fee process
-Follow up on findings and communicate this to the accounting team for correction and process improvement
-Manage chart of accounts and account administration in QuickBooks
- Assist the Financial Controller in preparing annual Group financial statements
-Preparation of Financial Statements for subsidiary group companies
-Project coordinator for Group projects with an impact on finance processes and accounting system in particular
• University degree in finance/accounting/audit (e.g. RA or CPA)
• Experience with Accounting Software/ERP is required, with QuickBooks is an advantage
• Have an open mind and be positive
• Have a hands on approach and success in working in a team-based environment
• Be flexible, pro-active and pragmatic in approach to problem solving and implementation
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of IFRS or related Reporting Standards
• 2-5 years + experience as a Senior Associates at BIG4 or equivalent positions
• Project management experience