Our client is an international and growing company in Curacao.
• Partner with the Chief Financial Officer in discharging the financial and governance responsibilities mandated by the Board of Directors
• Provide excellent leadership and management of the Financial Accounting Team
• Build productive working relationships with stakeholders in order to understand their business operations and the financial information needs of end users.
• Full ownership of the general ledger of all group entities
• Manage the Group’s financial reporting obligations, with responsibility for preparation and lodgement of compliant full year consolidated accounts and various sub-group and entity accounts
• Manage the Group’s statutory taxation obligations (including Income Tax, FBT, BAS, Gaming and Payroll Tax) in partnership with the Group Manager, Corporate & Tax.
• Collaborate, design, implement and review finance systems, policies and procedures to ensure continuous improvement and contemporary relevant practices.
• Oversee finance systems managing transaction flows from source through interfaces to general ledger
• Ensure finance ledgers are maintained on a timely basis, are accurate and complete, and structured for the dual purpose of providing relevant information to internal users and meeting statutory obligations
• Ensure reporting functions and responses to ad hoc requests for financial related information are appropriately delivered
• Support the annual budgeting process
• Master degree in Business Economics/Accountancy
• Professional certification like RA (Register Accountant) CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and CFM (Certified Financial Manager)
• Ideally 10+ years’ experience leading the Financial Accounting function of a large group
• Practical training or experience in an Audit or CPA firm is beneficial but not essential
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
• Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
Skills & Qualifications:
• Accurate, consistent and able to deliver work on time
• Self-starter with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and a can-do attitude
• Excellent people leadership skills
• Have an open mind, be positive and flexible (be open minded to changes)
• Must be good at organizing and time management
• Fluent in spoken and written English